Milk Kefir Grains – Cultures for Health
Adding milk kefir grains (MKG) to fresh milk yields a delicious probiotic drink in about 24 hours. Milk kefir can be enjoyed plain, flavored, or used in many recipes, from salad dressings to ice cream.
- Each box contains 1 packet of traditional, heirloom-style milk kefir grains.
- Rehydration period of 3-7 days with pasteurized (not raw) dairy milk is required before regular use.
- Cultures on the counter at 68°-85°F, no appliance required.
- Suitable for use with cow or goat milk. Nut and seed milks yield inconsistent results.
- Avoid using ultra-pasteurized or UHT milk.
- Reusable culture – makes up to 1 quart of kefir with every batch. MKG require regular refreshing in dairy milk.
- Instructions for using this culture are included and can be found here.
Milk Kefir Grains Ingredients
- Organic powdered milk, organic milk, live active cultures.
- Packaged in a small amount of organic powdered milk to extend shelf life.
- This product contains no GMO ingredients.
Milk Kefir Grains Allergen Information
- Manufactured in a facility that processes products containing soy and dairy.
Shipping and Storage Information
- Our milk kefir grains are shipped in a dehydrated state in a barrier-sealed packet.
- For best results, store in a cool, dry place and use by the date on the box.
- Freezer storage is NOT recommended.
Additional Details About Milk Kefir Grains (MKG)
Milk kefir grains are live active cultures consisting of yeast and bacteria existing in a symbiotic relationship. Milk kefir grains need to be rehydrated using pasteurized dairy milk (not raw milk) before regular use. Once milk kefir grains are rehydrated, they can be transitioned to raw milk. Milk kefir grains can be used to culture coconut, soy, or rice milk once rehydrated, but must be rehydrated in dairy milk first. Milk kefir grains require regular refreshing in fresh dairy milk (as soon as the texture changes.)